Innovation is a key issue for the fishing industry today. It’s all about finding answers to the questions raised by the environmental, digital, energy, economic and social transitions that are shaping the industry’s development.
“Pitche ton innovation” will be an opportunity for innovative companies of all sizes to briefly present their ideas or innovative products and to enrich discussions in the aisles and on the booths of the ITECHMER show.
The Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique will host an Innovation Pitch session each day of the show from 12pm to 12.40pm in the Itechmer Agora area. 19 presentations are scheduled. The topics addressed will be varied and will cover the entire fishing industry:
Ships (Wednesday 11 October)
- Modification of thermic engines to burn carbon-neutral gases,
- Measures to improve on-board energy management,Communication at seaCleanable, long-lasting antifouling coating film,
- Innovative underwater cameras,
Technologies and practices for sustainable fishing (Thursday 12 October)
- Underwater acoustics
- Trawl doors lifted off the seabed,
- New systems to limit accidental catches of dolphins.
- Creation of an eco-organization for the recycling of used fishing gear,
- Biodegradable fine nets at sea,
- Bioplastic lures biodegradable in the marine environment,
Various innovative solutions (Friday 13 October)
- Hybridization of a trawler,
- Bait for longlines,
- Depredation mitigation system for pelagic longline fisheries,
- Basalt rope,
- Icterometer and measurement box,
- Improved traceability thanks to AI,
- Digital solutions to make life and management on board easier.