ITECHMER is a professional event created and organised by SEGEPEX, the company that manages the Lorient congress centre, backed since its creation, by the regions and by fishing sector stakeholders. It is the international fishing trade show, for and by professionals in the sector. In order to meet their expectations, the organisers are innovating by creating a committee of experts to consult professionals on the programme for the new edition of the show.
ITECHMER is the event for European and international fishing professionals and decision-makers who come to Lorient to meet the exhibitors and discuss challenges and perspectives in the sector.In 2017, a programme of conferences and round tables brought together, for the first time, a panel representing all the fishing activities and stakeholders from all over Europe, on the theme of Brexit and ports of the future. ITECHMER proved that it is “the place to be” and an unmissable event in the fishing sector.
The organisers wanted to get the profession more closely involved in deciding on the direction to be taken by the event, as close as possible to the sector’s issues.
With the organisers, the committee of experts will include several national and regional representatives from across the sector:
- Anne-Marie Cuesta, general delegate of Bretagne Pôle Naval;
- `Jennifer Leroux, sector manager of ABAPP, a Breton association of fish product buyers;
- Christophe Hamel, president of the association Halles à Marée de France representing fishing ports and auctions;
- Yves Foëzon, director of the producers’ organisation Les Pêcheurs de Bretagne, for production;
- Frédéric Toulliou, president of the UMF, French union of fishmongers;
- Alain Jolly, director of IDmer, for processing and R&D;
- Patrice Le Fel, president of the Interprofession du Port de Lorient for shipbuilding and repair.
Renewal of the fishing fleet, new products, energy transition, environmental protection, digital revolution against a background of CFP and Brexit… A new era in fishing is underway. R&D and the sector’s innate ability to adapt to change will lead to the development of innovations in response to new ecological, economic and social challenges. “Innovation in Sight!” is the watchword and the main theme for ITECHMER 2019.